Sunday 8 January 2017

"Blog About it" Entry # 1 - Mathematics Autobiography

Mathematics is one of my favourite subjects”, it is not just a repeatedly used common sentence for me and its not just a sentence about liking a subject, I have a deep relationship and a connection with mathematics. The reason of this relationship is not that I used to be very good at doing mathematics but it was an inspiration to it. I was born in a house where mathematics used to be everywhere, my father was a mathematics teacher and he used to teach it in a school as well as at home (home tuitions), I saw him making a strong base of it first and then constructing a building on top of that passionately. It was very interesting to see how things are interconnected with each other and how mathematics building grows gradually as we go in advance studies.
My journey to mathematics began at a very early stage, I started to learn and teach mathematics at the same time, me and my sister were class fellows from Kindergarten to Grade 12 and I used to teach her mathematics, moreover, my father always encouraged me to teach his students at home. This is how I got inspired by this interesting subject and learning it had become an enjoyment by practicing it through teaching.
I believe mathematics is a subject that helps nourish the mind. It gives opportunity to think from different angles and gives freeness to make your own way to get to the solution. This subject is diverse and as we know diversity makes the life beautiful. I feel inner satisfaction and happiness when I get to the solution of a problem by solving it in a way I want and it would motivate me to do more and would never get tired of it.
In my opinion, mathematics is not just a school subject to learn and pass the exam, in fact, it helps us in our day to day personal and professional lives. Skills that we learn from mathematics may be applicable down the road like in learning other subjects, in our jobs and to excel better in other fields as these are transferable skills. Mathematics skills give us ability to identify and analyze things, to see the relationships and to solve a problem by thinking logically as well as critically.